Our vision for West Kent is to sustain a dynamic and well-connected local economy, to ensure that West Kent remains a key location for business success and growth and that our local population has access to quality jobs and skills development. The Partnership promotes West Kent, champions key economic issues, engages with industry and business and pursues external funding to develop and deliver initiatives to support our local economy.
The West Kent Partnership seeks to
- Represent the interests of the West Kent sub region and provide a strong and influential voice on matters of particular concern to its local communities, especially around economic development, transport and essential infrastructure.
- Identify the key issues facing the West Kent area, address the need for investment and develop joint actions.
- Promote West Kent as a great business location
- Explore bids for external funding that will help to drive economic growth
- Provide an effective working relationship with the Kent & Medway Economic Partnership and The South East Local Economic Partnership
- Promote effective, joint co-operative working both within the partnership and between the Partnership and other local agencies and bodies.
- Consider and influence the plans, strategies and agendas of other key agencies to ensure that West Kent interests are properly represented.
- Aim to ensure that the plans and strategies prepared by public agencies align with emerging joint priorities.
- Add value on economic development and infrastructure issues to the community strategies for each District and Borough in West Kent, promoting good practice and better joint working